Scans 2013 Group A
Going through archive backlog scanning material to post, work with, and present in other form on cuke later from anywhere.
Scans of Shunryu Suzuki lecture notes or transcripts will be posted elsewhere.
5. Zentatsu Richard Baker's talk at Shunryu Suzuki's funeral
6. Zentatsu Richard Baker's talk on Shunryu Suzuki given a week after Suzuki's death.
8. Chogyam Trungpa on Shunryu Suzuki from Garuda magazine
9. Chogyam Trungpa on Shunryu Suzuki and American Karma - source? Talk at SFZC?
10. Marian Derby letter to DC on location of ZMBM tapes - Zen Mind Beginner's Mind lecture tapes all but 2 still missing
12. Marian Derby Report on Peninsula Branch of SFZC - undated - circa 1970 - very light but have word doc
13. Chogyam Trungpa on the three kayas - and Shunryu Suzuki quoted from Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind. - from Warrior-King of Shambhala: Remembering Chogyam Trungpa
17. Shunryu Suzuki in Dragon Thunder: My Life with Chogyam Trungpa by Diana Mukpo and Carolyn Ross Gimian. - Amazon link. - Need to clean up this PDF or transcribe it and not sure if there are more Suzuki references in the book.
23. - Diamond Sangha Newsletter 1970 review of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind Added two page scan to this review of ZMBM - July-Dec., New Series, Vol.1 - Nos. 4-6. Still last page of review, p.4, missing. - ZMBM cuke page - zmbm.net
25. Mary Farkas of the First Zen Inst. on Shunryu Suzuki
26. Translator Fred Harriman notes concerning interviews in Japanese - very light - rescan
28. Letter from Lama Govinda to Richard Baker
30. Fran Thompson - letter-2-11-08
31. Fran Thompson - letter-3-14-08a
32. Fran Thompson - letter-3-14-08b
33. Fran Thompson - letter-no-date
34. Fran Thompson - cooking
35. Grahame Petchey note
36. Grace McLeod etc notes
37. Harriet Chino notes about rape. More on this later. There's a little on cuke about it - just write "rape" in the search box on the Index or What's New pages.
38. Hoitsu Suzuki - 1971 talk given at SFZC City Center
39. Ned Hoke letter about Shunryu Suzuki
40. Notes from Irene Horowitz
41. - on Jean Ross
42. - JJ Wilson notes - redo - too light (we're doing almost scanning every day now in Fort Worth. Will get back to the light ones. - DC)
43. - On Maggie Kress' death
# 44 - Kaz Tanahashi - notes on war and teachings
# 45 - K. Kato book excerpt about Suzuki & Taro during the war
# 46 - Kobun Chino letter to Tokujun Grahame Petchey - 1-14-67
# 47 - Dainin Katagiri on Suzuki
# 48 - Laura Kwong notes
# 49 - Loring Palmer on Suzuki and LSD
# 50 - Mel Weitsman notes - sideways
# 51 - Matsu Zaki's intro on Suzuki in the earliest translation of Zen Mind Beginner's Mind.
# 53 - Ned Hoke letter
# 54 - Niels Holm notes-1
# 55 - Niels Holm notes-2
# 56 - Notes-x
# 57 - Paul - awareness
# 58 - Pauline - dream
# 59 - Paul Lee letter - to Tokujun
# 60 - Phillip Wilson note
# 61 - Paul Lee letter
# 62 - Article on Narcissus by Dolores Blalock in American Art Glass Quarterly
# 63 - Narcissus on Shunryu Suzuki
# 64 - Suzuki excerpt from New Gods in America
# 66 - Bill Redican note
# 67 - Rick Levine SR memory
# 68 - Rebecca Mayeno (RIP) notes
# 69 - SFZC lineage
# 70 - Henry Schaeffer notes
# 71 - Stuart Lachs on SR and the war
# 72 - Rumi Kawashiri 1969 paper on Sokoji and Zen Center
# 74 - S. Hanna-Rhyne SR memory
# 75 - SR college thesis contents - thanks Gil Fronsdal
# 77 - Notes from Stan White - '93
# 78 - Notes from Sue Roberts
# 79 - Eric Storlie letter-1
# 80 - Awakening the Mindstone from Nothing on My Mind: Berkeley, LSD, Two Zen Masters, and Life on the Dharma Trail. Shambhala, 1997. [A good picture of the sixties Zen Center, Suzuki, Katagiri, and students.] Eric Storlie link page
# 82 - Notes - Tim Buckley
# 83 - Yvonne Rand on SR - SFZC 98
# 84 - Anagarika Govinda review of Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind
# 85 - notes from student
# 86 - IF - a poem by DC (at age 8) - finding things going through house here in Ft. Worth. The original must have been illegible because this is my mother's handwriting.
# 89 - The Chilly Chili of Chile - DC song c. 1955
# 90 - I Don't Want to Draw - DC 1962 (from HS art class)
Going through archive
backlog scanning material to post, work with, and present in other form on cuke
later from anywhere.
Thanks to Warren Lynn for scanning